- Quantum Many-Body Dynamics and Noisy Intermediate-Scale Quantum Systems, Kavli Institute for Theoretical Physics (KITP)
- Towards Classically Intractable Quantum Simulations of Physics and Chemistry, Kavli Institute for Theoretical Physics (KITP)
- Quantum Complexity: Theory and Application, Dagstuhl seminar
- Chicago Quantum Creators Prize
- NSF travel grant of $500 to attend QIP 2017.
- Dean’s Fellowship of $5000 from the Graduate School, University of Maryland (2015).
- General Proficiency Medal from IIT Kanpur for having the highest GPA of 9.8/10 in the graduating physics cohort (2015).
- Working Internships in Science and Engineering from the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) to fund a summer internship in TU Dortmund (2013).
- Academic Excellence Award from IIT Kanpur, awarded to top 7% across the class in 2010-2011, 2011-2012, 2012-2013.
- Ranked 54 out of approximately 472,000 applicants in the Joint Entrance Examination for admission into the Indian Institutes of Technology (2010).
- Gold medal from the Indian Association of Physics Teachers, awarded to the top 35 out of 30,000 in the Indian National Physics Olympiad (2010).
- Fellow of the Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana, awarded $8000 by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India under a scheme to “attract exceptionally highly motivated students for pursuing basic science courses and research careers in science.” (2010).
- National Talent Search Scholarship from the Government of India (2008).
- Noisy random circuits: properties and applications in quantum computing
- Am I living in the post-quantum-advantage era?
- Noisy intermediate scale quantum advantage journal club, University of Maryland
- UCL–Bristol visit day at AWS/IQIM Caltech
- Summer School on Quantum Computing and Its Applications (QCA’22) at Jaypee Institute of Information Technology
- The importance of the spectral gap in estimating ground-state energies
- Quantum Computing: where we’re headed
- Keynote speaker at Cognizance, an event held by the Research Society, Manipal Institute of Technology.
- The complexity of simulating quantum physics: dynamics and equilibrium
- Thesis defense, University of Maryland
- Gaussian Boson Sampling and its complexity
- Quantum information seminar at UT Austin
- Dagstuhl workshop on Quantum Complexity: Theory and Application
- Implementing a fast unbounded quantum fanout gate using power-law interactions*
- Optimal State Transfer and Entanglement Generation in Power-law Interacting Systems*
- Complexity phase diagrams
- CQuIC seminar, University of New Mexico
- CS seminar at IQC, University of Waterloo
- Seminar at Harvard Quantum Initiative
- Seminar at Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics
- Quantum seminar at Princeton
- Quantum Machine Learning Journal Club at Centre for Quantum Technologies, Singapore
- Sampling-complexity phase diagrams
- IQI seminar, California Institute of Technology, 2019
- Complexity phase transition in interacting and long-range bosonic Hamiltonians
- APS March Meeting, 2019
- Sampling from ground states of local Hamiltonians
- Simons Institute, 2018
- Complexity of sampling as an order parameter
- JQI-QuICS-CMTC seminar, 2017
*: Presented by co-author
- Complexity phase transition in interacting and long-range bosonic Hamiltonians: QIP 2019 and TQC 2019.
- Sampling from ground states of local Hamiltonians: QIP 2019
- Quantum computational supremacy with Ion Traps: STAQ Kickoff, Duke University.
- Quantum computational supremacy with Cavity Quantum Electrodynamics: QuICS Stakeholders’ day 2018; Quantum Machine Learning Workshop 2018.
- Complexity of sampling as an order parameter: QIP 2017; QuICS Stakeholders’ day 2017; Workshop on Computational Complexity and High-Energy Physics 2017.
- Serving as mentor in the Caltech Accountability Partners Program, a program to advise undergraduate students through the graduate admissions process, in collaboration with Future Ignited
- Co-supervised (with Prof.~Alexey V.~Gorshkov) Nishad Maskara, a Caltech undergraduate, through the SURF program. Co-authored a paper “Complexity phase diagram for interacting and long-range bosonic Hamiltonians”
- Mentored incoming graduate students in the physics department at the University of Maryland
- Served as an Academic Mentor in the Counselling Service of IIT Kanpur, tutoring students on academic probation
- Editor at Quantum journal
- Reviewed/sub-reviewed for:
Conferences: Conference on the Theory of Quantum Computation, Communication and Cryptography (TQC) 2022, Quantum Computing Theory in Practice (QCTIP) 2022, Quantum Information Processing (QIP) 2022, Innovations in Theoretical Computer Science (ITCS) 2022, Computational Complexity Conference (CCC) 2021, TQC 2021, Quantum Information Processing (QIP) 2021, TQC 2020, QIP 2018
Journals: Foundations of Physics, Nature Physics, NPJ Quantum Information, Physical Review A, Physical Review Letters, PRX Quantum, Quantum, Quantum Information \& Computation, Quantum Information Processing, Science Advances, Science Bulletin Others: NSF PFI, SBTR/STTR (2020, 2021, 2022)
- Served on program committee of NSF Workshop on Quantum Advantage and Next Steps, UChicago
- Member of core grading committee, International Physics Olympiad 2015, Mumbai
- Member of core grading committee, Asian Physics Olympiad 2012, New Delhi