- NSF travel grant of $500 to attend QIP 2017.
- Dean’s Fellowship of $5000 from the Graduate School, University of Maryland (2015).
- General Proficiency Medal from IIT Kanpur for having the highest GPA of 9.8/10 in the graduating physics cohort (2015).
- Working Internships in Science and Engineering from the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) to fund a summer internship in TU Dortmund (2013).
- Academic Excellence Award from IIT Kanpur, awarded to top 7% across the class in 2010-2011, 2011-2012, 2012-2013.
- Ranked 54 out of approximately 472,000 applicants in the Joint Entrance Examination for admission into the Indian Institutes of Technology (2010).
- Gold medal from the Indian Association of Physics Teachers, awarded to the top 35 out of 30,000 in the Indian National Physics Olympiad (2010).
- Fellow of the Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana, awarded $8000 by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India under a scheme to “attract exceptionally highly motivated students for pursuing basic science courses and research careers in science.” (2010).
- National Talent Search Scholarship from the Government of India (2008).
- Quantum Computing: where we’re headed
- Keynote speaker at Cognizance, an event held by the Research Society, Manipal Institute of Technology.
- The complexity of simulating quantum physics: dynamics and equilibrium
- Thesis defense, University of Maryland
- Gaussian Boson Sampling and its complexity
- Quantum information seminar at UT Austin
- Dagstuhl workshop on Quantum Complexity: Theory and Application
- Implementing a fast unbounded quantum fanout gate using power-law interactions*
- Optimal State Transfer and Entanglement Generation in Power-law Interacting Systems*
- Complexity phase diagrams
- CQuIC seminar, University of New Mexico
- CS seminar at IQC, University of Waterloo
- Seminar at Harvard Quantum Initiative
- Seminar at Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics
- Quantum seminar at Princeton
- Quantum Machine Learning Journal Club at Centre for Quantum Technologies, Singapore
- The importance of the spectral gap in estimating ground-state energies
- Sampling-complexity phase diagrams
- IQI seminar, California Institute of Technology, 2019
- Complexity phase transition in interacting and long-range bosonic Hamiltonians
- APS March Meeting, 2019
- Sampling from ground states of local Hamiltonians
- Simons Institute, 2018
- Complexity of sampling as an order parameter
- JQI-QuICS-CMTC seminar, 2017
*: Presented by co-author
- Complexity phase transition in interacting and long-range bosonic Hamiltonians: QIP 2019 and TQC 2019.
- Sampling from ground states of local Hamiltonians: QIP 2019
- Quantum computational supremacy with Ion Traps: STAQ Kickoff, Duke University.
- Quantum computational supremacy with Cavity Quantum Electrodynamics: QuICS Stakeholders’ day 2018; Quantum Machine Learning Workshop 2018.
- Complexity of sampling as an order parameter: QIP 2017; QuICS Stakeholders’ day 2017; Workshop on Computational Complexity and High-Energy Physics 2017.
- Reviewed/sub-reviewed for:
Conferences: Innovations in Theoretical Computer Science (ITCS) 2022, Computational Complexity Conference (CCC) 2021, Conference on the Theory of Quantum Computation, Communication and Cryptography (TQC) 2021, Quantum Information Processing (QIP) 2021, TQC 2020, QIP 2018
Journals: NPJ Quantum Information, Physical Review A, Physical Review Letters, PRX Quantum, Quantum, Quantum Information & Computation, Quantum Information Processing, Science Advances, Science Bulletin
- Member of core grading committee, International Physics Olympiad 2015, Mumbai
- Member of core grading committee, Asian Physics Olympiad 2012, New Delhi